spring clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by robert fling, Mar 5, 2002.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

over & above the weekly fee.

2. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking out my window at a Oak with about 1/2 a tree full of leaves that will take 1-2 hours to clean up . Just bid a property with 2 Oaks and at least 1/2 truck load of branches.. wind storms here are unbelieveable compared to what I am used to in Pittsburgh.. $$$$

jf

3. robert fling

robert fling LawnSite Member

do you have a formula for figuring it out or do you do the man hour thing on top of the weekly fee? if its early in the fall and you can pick all the leaves up with a mower do you still charge extra?

4. rodfather

Anytime I have the vacuums on the mowers and they're running, I charge accordingly.

5. robert fling

robert fling LawnSite Member

vacumns on the mowers?

6. rodfather

For picking up the leaves, unless we blow them into the woods if possible.

7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I do leaf cleanups weekly in the fall. It is easier to stay on top of em. I have a lazer & ultra vac and do weekly, blow drives, around house and also charge more. This is kinda good, because my customers like them cleaned up weekly and it is easy with my equiptment I have to make good $. Some people will always wait till they all fall, then it is a much higher price and charged by the hour. For spring cleanups, I blow from beds and vac up, clean up twigs, gumballs etc. and charge by hour.

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Dont forget ,,,
    If you are using a piece of equipment to do the work of another employee or several employees to CHARGE FOR IT!!!

If I can mulch up leaves using a wb or a Z in an hour to do what used to take 2-3 guys 3 man hrs. with rakes and tarps, I still bill them for the 3 man hrs. Im not working harder - just smarter. This also shouldnt mean that a site that used to pay $500 for a Fall Clean-Up should now be paying $125 either -LOL!!!

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

A spring clean up for me involves picking up all twigs, blowing the beds out, blowing the leaves, and then mowing and dethatching. also i power broom the sand away from the driveway and curbs and where it got on the grass.

10. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I get $75 hour here thats my rate.