spring clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by racin240, Feb 12, 2013.

1. racin240

racin240 LawnSite Member

in the spring clean up i am getting all leaves sticks other dibris from yard and garden beds is that a good start when just starting out. SHould i go do and hourly wage or have a set price for the clean up like i do for mowing

steve

2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Set price.

3. racin240

racin240 LawnSite Member

that works should price be high or low

4. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Neither. Should be appropriate.

5. racin240

racin240 LawnSite Member

ok that works

6. cjmoore82

cjmoore82 LawnSite Member

Never tell a client how much hourly. Once you charge the hourly rate you should be charging, the customer will always think its too high. Calculate the rate in your head based on how long you think it will take and give them a flat rate.

7. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've found that a customer will be more than likely to bite on a set price rather than an hourly wage.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yes that's right. Never give an hourly rate to a customer. Those figures are for your eyes only.

The last thing you need is a customer watching the clock.

9. racin240

racin240 LawnSite Member

true true just basically give them an estimate higher but if it takes u shorter put a amaller price

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I've banged my head against the wall for years about this. You tell a customer 35-60 dollars a man hour and they will crap themselves. You sell it by explaining the high amount of hand labor involved. Then you use your professional skills and tools to complete the job faster than they ever could.
    FWIW my cleanups involve removing all debris from the site not stacking it up curbside. Regardless if the city picks it up.
    Posted via Mobile Device