1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dstalli, Jun 2, 2010.

1. dstalli

dstalli LawnSite Member

I am sorry if this is a thread that has already been started. I see a lot of people post on this site that they are doing a "spring clean" job. What exactly does that consist of? I may be doing it already at the start up of the season, and not advertising it in my handouts/mailouts. This is my 9th season, and I like having an edge on the competition!

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Spring's over in my book :p

3. chuckhopkins76

chuckhopkins76 LawnSite Member

Mine consists of: shrub trimming, tree trimming, pre-merge planting beds and mulch.

Planting at extra cost.

4. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

In alabama you probably mow 12 months so you wouldn't have the same type of Spring clean-ups we have up north.
    Spring Clean-up is big in the northeast. It could just be a basic first mow and clean up of winter debris and leaves, or it could be power raking, cleaning up landscape beds, re-edging beds, mulching, pruning, flowers, aerating, thatching fertilizing trees and shrubs, pre-emergent weed control in beds, and more.
    Spring clean-ups in Nj can range from $150 to $5000 for a home and much higher for some condo complexes we do, some have over 200 yards of mulch
    Its June and we still have a long list of people and businesses to mulch etc.
    When we are finished with spring work I feel like I need a vacation.

5. dstalli

dstalli LawnSite Member

Thanks TJ and others, True, I cut sometimes up until Thanksgiving. Most of the time spring is the time for pre-merge and Fert and cleaning beds then adding new mulch. On my year round customers, they get mulch one time and their shrubs trimmed and pre-merge. Additional services are priced per job. I appreciate the input, hope you guys have a great year!