spring cleanup price (any info)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shortylawn, Mar 19, 2004.

1. shortylawn

shortylawn LawnSite Member

Live in Missouri and have a lady wanting me to do some leaf removal, trim hedges and some other odds and ends. I have been cutting a few years but could use some help how to charge for this type of work. Any info would be great. Thanks

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Try and determine how long it will take you and apply an hourly rate. Don't tell the customer your rate just give her your price.

3. coz

coz LawnSite Member

I live in Missouri, too.........about 100 miles south of STL. I charge only $10/hr for labor when no power equipment is used. You could probably charge more than that in Stl. though.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Note to self:

Subscribe to this thread and watch the fireworks from Mizzou LCO's!:p

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I wouldn't hock an oyster for ten dollars an hour, I dont care where in the Country you live. $40.00 a man hour- period. Dont sell yourself short.payup

6. AssistSuper

AssistSuper Banned

You have to figure your expenses, costs, everything, and then come up with a bottom line you need to make. Do a search....your answers are on this forum.

7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Hey Super, do you have a dip in?

8. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

$25 per man hours if your doing other work for her. i know companys out my way that charge $35 per man hour..

9. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

give her a bid of $85..that ought a do it..

10. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

The company we had last year come and do a spring clean up at our place charged $60 per hour for 2 men, took them 2 hours for a total of $120. Basically, $30 per man/hour. If you are hacking it alone, I would charge $35 or $40 per hour if you can finish in a timely manner. I think you should always try to average a bare minimum of $30/hour for anything you do in this business.