1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spring Cleanup Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hustlers, Apr 21, 2002.

1. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Just wandering what you guys are trying to
    average per man hour for cleanups
    I try to get about $35. Usually $75-200 average\
    per yard.

What do you charge for leaf hauling?
  2. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

I try to average $40 per hour for clean ups some days I can average $55 to$60 per hour if I get then done sooner than I expected. Tomorrow I have a clean up that will cost the customer $650.00 bucks and I expect it to take me 10 hours, I estimated out of this $650 that $100 is for the cost of dumping debris, of course the customer doesn't need to know that In reality the dumping cost will be more like $50.00 as far as leaves go I get charged $10.00 per truck load to dump them so I in turn charge my customers $25.00 per truck load for the dump cost and I generally tack on $35.00 for the labor..... or $60 bucks all together.
  3. Quality Lawn Care

Quality Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hello fellow Minnesoda Lco. I have been doing alot of spring clean-ups this spring, I charge atleast $100.00 per yard. We are a 2 person crew and use a 52" Exmark with a Ultra Vac, and back pack blowers. We make atleast 100.00 per hour, most jobs take less then an hour. It all depends on what eq. you have. I just try to figure out what it's worth to the home owner to have the job done. It would take them all day to do a job I do in an hour. Most home owners don't mind paying the money to have the day off.
  4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I mulch the leaves with my Dixie, so what I usually do is pick up all branches on lawn and then blow out all leaves from beds onto the lawn. I charge a $1 a minute for this, then regular price for cutting (mulching) the lawn.