1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spring cleanup prices??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harley29710, Apr 22, 2004.

1. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

I just bid a spring cleanup, (from the looks they skipped fall) for a 3 acre lot with 2 small, 1000-1300 sq. ft., homes on it with two out buildings. The grass was mostly knee high with one area of waist high broom straw. One area with heavy leaves and pine needles to be removed. Red Tips head high completely around one home to be ground cut and many other shrubs to trim. Chain link fence around entire property with honeysuckle in some areas and underbrush in a few other areas. Entire property a big mess. I quoted at $350 even though I was thinking $500. Lady said I was way high and I said "good luck". Any opinions?
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Don't worry about it. Sounded like a pita property, and by not looking at it, you seemed a little low, like you said. I'd just move on to making more money somewhere else.
    Sometimes by not taking on jobs like this, you help your company, because someone else is going to lose money doing it, and hence bring their company down, and you will stay in business.
    That's the key, know when to work for how much!