1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

spring cleanup rates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, Mar 16, 2002.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to find out what is being charged- What do you charge per hr/per man. In Mass. they charge $30 per hr for labor while duing spring & fall cleanups. I think that is low myself.
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

per man hour is a good price, in my own opinion for a spring cleanup $30 per hour is good
  3. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually charge $25 or $30 per hour myself but heard of people charging 35-40 per hour- then there are those that charge $15-20 which doesn't help any of us who do this full time. Still no better job to do than landscape.
  4. millsmowing

millsmowing LawnSite Member

I charge 40 dollars an hour. Seems that I charge more every year and people keep saying "is that all". I charge even more the last week before mowing starts because I'm sick of doing them by that time.
  5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I charge $45 an hour or at least use that as a reference for bidding the job. I clean up any dead stuff ie hostas and such, leaves and all that. If they want it detatched that is seperate. Just curious as to what everyone includes in their cleanups
  6. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Last year we charged $25.00 per hour. This year were going to $30.00. I still think we are a little low for our area, but if I increase it to fast clients will bolt.
  7. juststarting023

juststarting023 LawnSite Member

i charged 60 to 65 dollars and that includes all dumping fees which usually 4 or 5 bags and my father-n-law makes compost for his garden. most of my clean ups take me about an 1 1/2 hrs mostly smaller yards around here the bigger yards between 75 and 100 ..not bad money for a few hours work....:blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blush: :blush: :blush:
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

35 per man hour.
  10. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

Could you guys please be more specific to what equipment you are using and other expenses that adds up to the total hourly cost? I could not see how you could be making $30 to $65 an hour doing manual clean up.