Spring Cleanup Tarp!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TheTurfTender, Mar 14, 2008.

1. TheTurfTender

TheTurfTender LawnSite Member
    from Mn

I just bought my first tarp today. I got a 12 X 24. I know I could have searched the posts, but is that too big?

2. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

That's a good size for two people. don't worry, you'll have to buy more anyway.

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Amen you will go through them trust us. Get you a couple 10s as well so you can handle it by yourself.

4. TheTurfTender

from Mn

Like 8 X 10 or 10X 12? Those work?

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

If you are dumping grass clippings in them, and need to carry them over your shoulder, a 7X7 is the best size. Anything bigger hangs too far over the back, drags on the ground.

For leaves, I use nothing bigger than 8X10. I work solo, so don't have the advantage of another set of hands to lift and/or pull a larger tarp.

6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

if so, then fold it in half.:rolleyes:

7. TheTurfTender

from Mn

Carolina is a good guy to have on the LS team. No BS and solution driven. I was going to take the tarp back, but folding it works nicely!!

8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

8x8 is a good size for a solo operation

9. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I try.:clapping:

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I like my 8x10 for hauling grasses and leaves. Wouldn't mind a 10x12 once this one finally holes out. Anything bigger and it's just too much to haul around, and folding up a bigger one is a mess for one person!