spring/fall cleanup

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by xxxbockxxx, Mar 3, 2007.

1. xxxbockxxx

xxxbockxxx LawnSite Member

i was wondering how much you charge for cleanup jobs. is it based how big the job might be? my other question is what type of service exactly is spring cleanup?

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

my spring cleanups are whatever the customer wants cleaned up. Leaves, lawn, shrubs, clean up where the snow plow guy pushed all the stones out of the driveway, clean out the basement. Dont matter to me, $50/ man hour + any dump fees will cover it. hope this helps.

3. xxxbockxxx

xxxbockxxx LawnSite Member

thanks matt for the reply, it gives me an idea i guess. i was hoping that someone in my area would reply to give me a better price range. i am in a smaller city so i don't know if the same rates would apply. i am planning on starting a lawn service and was looking at alternative income as well.

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in a small, sleeper community. No city around here. I started out (last year) charging a flat rate based on the job, but ate my shorts. Since I started charging $50/ hour, I have had to reassure a few customers that I work efficiently with professional equipment, but have had no complaints once the customers saw that I bust my a$$, and dont stop, not even to talk to them, (Unless they are giving me directions or instructions), while I work. Some contractors will charge a lesser price per hour, but stand around, work slow, whatever. Not me. I guess I'd rather do 2 jobs a day and gross the same as someone doing 3 jobs at a lesser rate. Less wear and tear on me and the equipment.
    Hope everything works out for you.