1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spring/Fall lawn clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by buddhaman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. buddhaman

buddhaman LawnSite Member

Just wondering how everyone does their clean ups. I have a Gravely 148Z and thinking about getting a JRCO front mount dethatcher with the OEM bagger for the Gravely. Other option is a tow behind lawn and leaf vac, like the agrifab, dr lawn vac, etc. Does anybody have other suggestions? What do you use and do you like it?
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

A good Wb littler wonder blower is golden, we also use lots of backpacks and our bagger. Ive considered buying a billygoat vac for cleanups/parking lots but im not sure yet.

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm definitely getting the JRCO dethatcher and leaf plow for this fall. I also got an 18hp billy goat truck loader a few years ago. my goal is as little raking and tarping as possible.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck with the leaf plow because we had a new one and used it maybe 3 times. Ended up selling it because you could push more leaves with the mower deck then with that. That was one of the worst investments ever made.
  5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I would definitely recommend the JRCO rake. One of the best investments I've made.
  6. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks, was looking forward to that. Anyone else have this issue? Maybe i'll just fab. one instead.