Spring Fever

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOWNITDOWN, Mar 16, 2009.

1. MOWNITDOWN

MOWNITDOWN LawnSite Member
    from IN

It got up into the upper 60's today. Sweeeeet. It is supossed to hit 73 tomorrow. It has really got me anxious to go. I have used the nice weather to change oil in the mowers. Grass is even startin to green up a little. But later in the week we are going to get cold again:cry:. Anyways, don't know about you guys, but it sure feels good to walk outside in shorts and a teeshirt and feel that warm sunshine. It reminds me that it won't be long now:clapping:

2. ExtExc

ExtExc LawnSite Member

same here, less than a week ago it was -4 at night, today it got up to just shy of 60. i cant wait.

3. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I know this is an old thread from about a year ago, but can't wait for the warm weather to come.........:)

4. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I hear ya man, I hear ya. I've been messing around in the garage just about everyday just to do something work related lol

5. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

It's amazing weather down here in NC. We got enough rain to flood some roads or something so we got out of school today, Sweet!

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We are back mowing the weeds are growing big time with all the rain we
    got in the last three months. Mowed 8 hours today and same tomorrow.

7. millenium_123

millenium_123 LawnSite Member

I sure wish it was spring up here. Looks like a snowstorm is coming! GRR

8. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

It got up to mid 50s here yesterday, but back down to the lower 30s today with blowing snow?? How can it change that much in one day? It wont be too much longer, about mid march and we will be back at it, but these last weeks of winter will drag by so slowly! With all the rain and snow we have had here, once it gets fairly warm, it will grow like a rain forest!

9. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Holy crap!!! You picked a perfect day to repost this. Yesterday it was 60 degrees at my house and they are calling for accumulating snow on Friday…..who ever wrote the first post is from Indiana and so am I lol….I would have never even taken notice that this was an old post…

Yea…I sick of winter here too….ready to mow

10. millenium_123

millenium_123 LawnSite Member

Thats nothing! I've seen the weather here go from near 80 degrees one day to the 20s with snow on the ground the next day!! This happens often around here. Gotta stay on your toes lol.