Spring Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Watson's Landscaping, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Would just like to know when you guys think the best time is to past out flyers up here in Michigan. I'm trying to grow and would like any kind of help.

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I feel you have to watch the weather. No point in sending flyers out when there is snow on the ground. Here in Mass grass needs to be cut the 3rd or 4th week of april. If you looking for just mowing accounts and not doing the spring cleanups then I would be out there in early to mid april. Now I do the cleanups and advertise March 1st in the papers. The 2nd to 3rd week of march would be a good time for me to send out flyers. I advertise for 8 weeks in the papers. You have to remember that some potential customers are on the ball and prepare early. Those are the ones you want. they will be better customers than the ones who call you when they need you. I have had many calls in mid may saying they need someone and the grass has not been cut yet this year. You'll find these people will be giving you trouble in the future sorry for rambling

3. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

you could do leaf jobs and lay pine straw if your wanting to do that before spring then.... advertise now I get more for leaf jobs than i do for mowing because I haul the leafs off to the dump.... I think it looks better than mulching but either way it pays better because it takes more time

4. Watson's Landscaping

CoreyD
    Hey since i'm kind'a new to the spring stuff what is "Pine straw"

5. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

ur being smart with me ?

6. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i dont know anything about the north maybe yall dont do it up there

7. Watson's Landscaping

didn't mean to sound smart but no i've never heard of that up here in Michigan maybe your right we don't do that up here. Mulch must take it's place.

Thank's again :usflag:

8. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

lol yea.... down here alot of the houses have pine straw in the flower beds

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

10. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

yea sorry i didint realize that :p