1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spring has sprung in south

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajunboy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. cajunboy

cajunboy LawnSite Member

The last two weeks we have had temps in the 70's here and last week it rained for like 3 days. This week phone is ringing off the hook. We cut 47 properties since monday, did 2 landscape cleanups, an irrigation repair, 1 new residental contract, and several calls for estimates. We have 26 to cut tomorrow and one landscape cleanup. Normally we dont start like this till the last week of February. Not complaining.:dancing: Normally I sit on the couch from jan 1st till late feb while my 2 guys are doing 15-18 hours a week. No break this year. We been working at least 40hrs a week since new years. We had 3 landscape installs in January (beds, irrigation, sod, and lighting on one)
    Gonna be a long summer. Looks like I may have to start a 3rd maintenace crew this year.
  2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

It's not good to gloat.
  3. cajunboy

cajunboy LawnSite Member

Sorry dude. Not gloating. Just fired up and excited to be making some PAPER.
  4. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

Much of the same her in South Carolina. I have a lot of work that has been booked in the last 14 days! Time to get back in the saddle.
  5. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

im jealous. i got at least another month of being broke.

JLSLLC LawnSite Gold Member

Haha yeah right, Im counting down everyday lol
  7. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

so are my bill collectors
  8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

While it is still freezing up here, I probably could go out and get some leaf clean-ups done. It is definately a mild winter up here!!

Though I am pretty jealous of your 70 degree temps!!!!!
  9. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Yea on more month of sitting around waiting untill i start clean ups cant wait sick of being stuck inside. I got about 100 spring clean ups for my regular customers and looking to take anouther 50 or so to get some cash flow for the first couple weeks of the season. soon as march hits tho im starting a couple paver jobs i cant belive its 50 degrees in feb.
  10. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

We have some St. Augustine yards that we never stopped cutting. Crazy winter for sure, fruit trees and tons of plants are blooming like crazy... pollen everywhere.
    People have started calling wanting installs and spring cleanups done, but I've seen it snow here in March so you never know.