spring home shows

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qwikv6, Feb 20, 2004.

1. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

spring home shows

I am going to be an exhibitor at an upcoming show in April. My company performs basic lawn maintenence. Mowing, trimming, edging, mulching, fertilizer and snow removal. No landscaping.

Some background on the show. Last year's attendance numbers were 43,000 over the two days. My target marketing group was well represented, ages 44-75 made up 61% of the attendees.

I want to have a registration/ door prize drawing of my own at the booth. That way I can gather essential data on prospective clients.( and weed out the bad ones)

My questions are:

What giveaway goodies do/would you giveaway?
    Pens, pads of paper with company logo, etc.?

How would you set up your booths given the above info on my company?

If you were approached to give a door prize for the entire show amounting to $25 or more, what would you provide?
    I had thought about giving away up to $50 of lawn service.

Any ideas that you Pros who have been there done that would be great. Also any pitfalls to avoid. Anything constructive welcome.

I used the search function and came up with some good ideas. I felt that with spring being right around the corner that there would be some fresh ideas.

Scag Tiger Cub 48"
    48" Bobcat WB
    Stihl BG 65 Handheld Blower,
    FS 85 Stihl Straight Shaft Trimmer
    FC 75 Stick Edger
    22" Honda Trim mower
  2. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

There must be someone out there with some ideas.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

For sure I would give out pens, bus. cards, with business name on them.

As for as the door prize, I think I would offer mabey 1 yard of mulch delivered, you know there will be more mulch needed could possibly lead to more mulching.
    I fertilizer application.

I am thinking along these lines, because if someone gave me a coupon with a 50.00 off lawn service, I would think that the company was going to mark it up and make the 50.00 back, and never use it. Give something tangible, more than likely it will take more material and labor to complete job, so you can make the money back. JMO
  4. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

Good idea. Premo Services

Anyone else?
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

qwik, I've been to a few of these shows and later had a hard time remembering who was who. If you can include a pic of your outfit and you in it so they remember the face. I would at least try to give something like this to the ones who seem serious. Maybe a 3 month calander with your company pic on it.