spring in ohio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Mar 12, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i think spring is a week away from us boys in ohio. this whole week is gunna get warmer each day and the grass seemed like it looked a tad bit greener in some properties. do any of you guys feel what i'm talking about?

2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I am in Southern Indiana..I noticed weeds are growing..however I do belive it will be a little bit until we mow..I hope to get one mowing in March.

3. joshua

eggy, i did a bruxh removal job last week and noticed that new jagger bushers were starting to grow. i have never seen this in march before. also, quote me on saying that every year from here out that our seasons will last longer and start faster for everyone. for the past four years it has been like this and will continue because of all the global warming. did you read about that chunk of ice from the south pole about a month a go, it was the size of new hampsure. thats just proof.

good luck to all you guys out there that have started already, and to you guys who haven't don't worry we will soon.

4. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I agree...We have gone back and fourth about getting into snow but the past four years we have had maybe two pushable snows,I hope we get to mowing soon to. Even one cut in March makes for a big difference in the year.....

5. joshua

yea i know what you mean by 1 cut in march but last year i cut almost all my properties in march 1 time. i'm starting spring clean up's next week.we never did them this soon.

6. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

starting clean ups here in akron,will do as much as possible but season does not really snap until april one usually.......definately ready for the clear weather but still think i will salt more

7. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

i feel that we might get one mow in before april if the property is not to wet and moist we have had a lot snow rain and whatever else it wants to do lately. i just hope we have about the same rainfall for the summer as we did last year.

GO KENT BEAT INDIANA !!!!!!!!!

8. plow kid

plow kid Banned

I started cleanups 2 weeks ago, and signed on 2 more people today, I plan to start mowing on the 1st of april

9. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

started clean ups today. supposed to rain the next 2 days then warm up. I would love to cut before April but I am not counting on it. I have a lot of work lined up to keep me busy till the grass grows but the sooner the better.

10. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

I literally had a dream last night that I was mowing!!! Ahhh it was beautyfull!

I am in Cincinnati OH. We are to have rain this week and then be in the 50's which I hope will get things growing.

I try to get out before it needs it and cut the grass. I have been told by one of my customers ( a botanist) that when you cut a plant it stimulates it to GROW!!! I have found this to be true for the most part so I get out and cut before it needs it to stimulate it. Have you found this to be true.

I am looking for a weather site on the internet that will show me the forcast for a month or two out. I used to know of one but can't find it. Can anyone tell me of one?