Spring Letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by touhey33, Feb 2, 2006.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

When should I send out my spring letter to returning customers. Thanks.

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im not sure when your spring season kicks off in Ind, but here in Va. I start mowing towards the end of march and my letters will start going out from feb 1st till the 15th, that way everyone has atleast 30 days notice

wayne

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would think 30 days prior to startup sounds about right.

4. dg0123

dg0123 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I send mine out 30-45 days prior to green up.

5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

we send out a quartly newsletter letting the people know what is coming up
    for the spring edition I will be pushing dethatching / mulching beds and try to get it all done before we start mowing around the 1st of april, the jan. issue
    was pushing spring clean ups and payment options for this year/ discounts for
    prepays, about 75% called and commented about the newsletter (all positive)

6. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys put in your spring letters?

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

We are sending out our spring letters this week to current clients. We are slated to begin mowing services the week of March 13th for most lawn and March 6th for just a few commercial accounts. We welcome everyone back and let them know about any changes that may have taken place regarding policy, payments, or services. We let them know what the service charge for regular mowing service will be this season, and what day of the week we have assigned their area. Thats about all we put in our letters. Short, sweet and to the point. If we know a client is on the fence about coming back to us this season, we wait about a week after the letter is sent out and give a follow up phone cll to seal the deal for sure.

8. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

well i just bought the lawnsite business info,and it tells you pretty much everything you need to know about are industry .i have been doin this 10 yrs and i was impressed,it was well worth the money.it has sample letters ,flyers ets ,all you do is change the loggo and customer names and your good to go....

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I worked on my yesterday and will mail them out this week. So I guess that will be approx 45 days before the mowing season starts and about 15 days before the first round of applications start.