1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spring Letters/ Flyers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BCnj, Jan 12, 2008.

1. BCnj

BCnj LawnSite Member

I would like to you know how everyone does it for finding new customers for the spring time how can i go about it? I was thinking bout gettin the plastic bags that you can hang up on door knobs
  2. TheLandyman

TheLandyman LawnSite Member

i do flyers in mail tribune boxes in upper class neighborhoods, it has kept me pretty busy, what about punching a whole through a flyer then using a rubber band to hang it from the door, cheap door hanger = D
  3. B_gerrits

B_gerrits LawnSite Senior Member

I actually do this it works pretty well however the rubber bands come untied from the flyer sometimes. I also print my own flyers that I designed myself.
    I get two flyers per page distributing them is the most time consuming part of the operation.
  4. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Think I could write off one of those electric scooters as equipment if I used it to distribute door hangers? Faster than walking and easier to get on and off than my bike. I have 4500 ready to go and I'm not looking forward to the delivery process...
  5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I can sell ya about 8 in Mullica Hill for next year PM if interested
  6. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

I print my own flyers and then go door to door , if they are home i try and talk to them and give them a flyer if they are not home i tape it to the door, has worked pretty good for me
  7. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

What is the end result for you guys that advertise with flyers or door knockers, 1 contract with every 50 flyers or? I am not trying to be negative but I always read "getting really good results with this" so that is why I ask what are the results. Finally has any one ever tried the road side "letters on black sign" type of advertising?
  8. kelleys lawn&landscape

kelleys lawn&landscape LawnSite Member

i do bulk mail through a company the can send it to a certain income level of clint if you want. they have a thousand min to send its worth the investent check phone book for bulk mailers
  9. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member