Spring Marketing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by group501, Dec 26, 2007.

1. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

I am currently planning my Spring marketing campaign and am trying to decide whether it is best to mail either to a larger group one time or to a smaller group 3 times. I will be using a 6x9 post card and am mailing to select zip code carrier routes. I have used post cards before and have had mixed results mailing to a larger group only 1x's. I have never used the multiple images approach. Thanks for any assistance.
  2. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

We tend to break it up with several mailings to specific areas of our state. That way you get an idea of the productive areas verse dead and can hit them first after the New Year and again before spring. Familiarity with your company name is the one of the keys to get people to think of your company when they need a service. We plaster our name everywhere from billboards to flyers throughout the whole year, along with a large fleet of trucks with our name and logo. The repetition of seeing your companies name or hearing a catchy phrase in radio/TV advertisement sets you above the rest. Look and listen to what others do in your area and think a company that you would use for say pluming and then say to yourself…… WHY THEM?
    I got a little of topic, but I think you get what I am saying it’s what works for our company.
  3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

who do you use for p-cards?
  4. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

We are a Franchise and as such are part of a regional buy group that all use the same postcard. Because of the large volume of mail from the group we are able to negotiate a lower price point. Although franchising does have some negatives the volume discounts we get go a long way towards paying the franchise fees. If you want any specific info pm me.
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search here at Lawnsite, This has been discussed in Detail before.

I only did one mailing without much success. However there are companies that specialize in BULK mailing and can Address and Mail Post cards cheaper than we can buy the stamps for. These Bulk Mailing Must be addressed in order of the mailman's route and to all customers . Post cards address side Must be printed to the Format of Bulk Mailing.

In the past most who send Post Card, Claim better success with Multiply Mailing to the same target area. Success rate is considered to be about 1 to 3% response. Therefore it is a Number game like all Advertising.
  6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been told may times that it takes at least 3 times to see something in the mail and have it register.
    I would say to focus your marketing in a certain area and do it multiple times, you will get more bang for your buck I think

Think about instance where you have seen something in the mail and tossed it, later an instance comes up and you say "man, what was the name of that company" if the another mailer had come along about that time you may have called.