Spring Prep Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rustyb265, Jan 12, 2008.

1. rustyb265

rustyb265 LawnSite Member

Ok......Lets see some pics of what everyone has been doing to get ready for spring! Shop pics....new equipment pics......frabrications pics....whatever you have been up to!

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Spring? We have a foot or more of snow coming tomorrow! The only word in my head right now is plow (repeated over and over).

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We have been laying sod. Its been great.

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Just put all my stuff away today! Oil changed, air filters, spark plugs, washed and put away. I'll take them out in a few months

5. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

spring pics...some people still have 4 ft of snow on the ground....think the people in greenbay wisc. are thinking about planting flowers right now

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

No pics from me either, though I have been servicing equipment and doing repairs the last few days! Now is the time to get this stuff done... It's always amazing just how fast it can go from "I have plenty of time, spring is months away" to "OMG, nothing is done and I have work to do!!!"

Both of my walkers got a major "going thru", replacing pulleys and belts as needes, changed hydro and gear box fluids. Replaced one hopper full alarm switch. Otherwise just general maintenance. Tomorrow, if the weather is decent again, I'm going to be starting work on my trailer. Still have one side to replace the brakes and wheel bearings on. need to get the gate lift fixed and see just how much more weight I can make it lift... Soon I need to get the whole trailer pressure washed and cleaned up in preperation for new paint! That's one of those projects that I have to really watch the weather for... And I can't wait till too close to spring. Darn paint takes a good week+ to fully cure!

Also still need to bribe my buddy into helping me finish repairing my Dodge. Needs a rear wheel seal and brakes still on that one axle. The front brakes, and probably the rotors too, need checked and possibly replaced. It's throwing warning lights in my face, and it may have to go into the shop somewhere to be looked at (uggg, big money!)

It's always something... And those somethings often get post-poned till winter... Like I said, you may be looking at snow now, but you blink a few times and it's time to get out there and start "spring" clean-ups!

7. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i bought 2 new mowers, new aerator, thatcher, trailer, working on advertising stuff and hoping for a 6 figure year

8. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Give me a few more weeks. Once my tune-up parts come in, everything is getting maintenanced, washed, and anything that is broken is getting repaired, and then it's time to start advertising!

But i'll get some pictures once i get everything ready.

-Mitch-

9. rustyb265

rustyb265 LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for posting. It's always nice to hear what everyone is doing in the off-season. I know not everyone is plowing. Sometimes its a full time job just to maintain equipment to get ready. Me....I am actually looking for a new/used walk behind or Z. I had about 15 lawn accounts for a couple years, but sold my machine and got rid of my accouts this past year because of the birth of my son. (just had no time) So I am looking for another machine to get back into it. I do it part time, but it is great part time cash. Anyway...thanks for sharing everyone.....keep us all updated with pics and posts of what you are all up to!! Spring will be here fast!

10. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got finished running air lines through out my shop!