Spring prices

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cuttinjoe, Mar 24, 2006.

1. cuttinjoe

cuttinjoe LawnSite Member

Below is what I'll be charging and my cost let me know what ya think.

Lawn Rolling- $45hr

Over-seeding- $35hr +$___ for seed

Dethaching - $45hr

Aerating -$45hr+$____ + rental

Mulch -$50 delivery+$_____mulch+$20*____hr labour or $20 per yrd

Tilling -Tractor $65hr - Little tiller $30hr

Sod $3.50 a roll 80pcs min. under 80pcs $4.00 a roll

New lawn seeding Depending on job-Seed price+which tractor used. $50hr for the kubota 1550-$80hr for the kubota 5030

Hourly Costs

$25hr Truck, trailer, tractor and implement rental
    $2hr fuel for truck
    $2.50hr fuel for tractor
    $29.50hr total cost.
    $$15.5hr profit.

I plan on giving estimates by the job not the hour. I will charge 1hr min. on over seeding, rolling etc. I should be able to get my profit up on the smaller jobs that I'm going after in town.Small properties that I can do in less then an hour should boost the bottom line. Driving distance should be less 200km a day.

2. cuttinjoe

Just as I fell asleep last night I realized that I had put in the wrong $$ for the truck rental. The price is $20hr not 25. That brings the profit total up to $20.05hr.

3. cuttinjoe

So I screwed myself out of a few $$ yesterday. The rental price for the equipment is $20hr. The boss and I hammered out that deal the other day. I was going to pay him from when I left the yard till I got back. Well yesterday I told him Id pay him by the hours I charge for. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: I knew I screwed up when he said "that would work out alot better for me" :dizzy: Oh well still a hell of a deal.