spring rain is killing us

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nashlawn01, May 5, 2013.

1. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like the rain is never going to give us a full week. We run 2 mowing crews 5 days a week. This year Mother Nature is making us try to get done in 3. Impossible to do with the large time consuming properties. This week looks like rain everyday through Thursday. At least it's not snow. In August we will probably be praying for rain. Is the rain killing anybody else especially with cool temps it seems like the grass is growing an inch a day

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We need the rain here!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I know your pain
    Mowing behind and New lawn installs are way behind
    If its not raining the wind blowing over 15mph and that putting my 2nd round Lawn treatments behind

4. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was rained out Wednesday through Saturday. We will make some up Monday and Tuesday. Some will be skipped and try to get them back on their regular schedule. All we can do, no way to make them all up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Better than no rain! No rain=no work :cry: we havent had any rain in 16 days and they arent forecasting any until at least the end of the week, and thats just showers. Up here in NH we usually get rain every other day in the spring time

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

For several weeks here back a little while ago it was raing constantly, and cold. Now we need rain but none was predicted last I checked, and it is warming up way fast, from 50's to mid 70's, no middle ground this spring.

I hope this isn't an indication of things to come. We don't need another dry summer.:rolleyes:

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

What he said! here in west texas, we have seen 2 inches of rain since January! Lawns are all brown, and no calls to mow. Weekly/bi weeklies are wanting me to hold off until we get some growth....grrrrrrrrrrr.

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Has rained 2 days straight here, raining right now and is forecast for tomorrow.

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I would love 16 days with no rain I could get all my new lawn installs done
    So far 3 down and 12 more to go And I'm still bidding them

10. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

I like seeing rain 1 day a week. That keeps things growing, can't afford more than that it screws us to much especially with the spring grass growth. Spring time mowing ugh!