spring rain is killing us

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nashlawn01, May 5, 2013.

1. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Member

I like how you said no snow... Last week we got over 8 inches of it record since the 40's
    now being 70 degrees snow is gone, grass is growing extremely fast-- all nitrogen from snow.
    May be I will actually be ablely to start mowing finally
  2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Double and triple cutting lawns is getting kind of old. Stupid rain.
  3. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You got that right. Even in a 4 day span its hard to keep up with due to this amount of rain fall. The accounts that I have that are flat I cut. Most of mine have a slight hill in them and all the ZT wants to do is spin because its so slick.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im debating weather I should go out today, I thing it rained som more last night.
  5. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with you. I was running behind yesterday and didn't have time to double cut the last couple of lawns. The're not pretty but I hope folks understand.
  6. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

from Alabama

Yes sir I think it did. I'm considering going out and cutting a few flat properties I have. All my accounts are in Odenville but I have the flu so that has been slowed down and thinking is it worth chancing being sick longer. I see they extended the flood warning for the river. My camper stays at lake side landing I think it will be alright but if the water keeps rising il have to go and move it.
  7. 04cubcadet3235

04cubcadet3235 LawnSite Member

I wish i could have rain here, it hasn't rained in 3 weeks. It's been about 85-90 every day, ive already mowed many times this year starting in march, but now its just getting too hot and dry.
  8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I went out I have 4 houses near the dam, Id say the water level is atleast 5' above everyones seawall, all the docks are under water. I was able to do 3 houses, one was completely under water and couldnt be done, and I have one that isnt on the lake it was soaked but I managed. The othe 2 on the water I did what I could they are on slopes and didnt have any problems, obiviously I couldnt cut the grass that was under water.
  9. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

from Alabama

I'm glad you were able to do them. At least they will be good until next week. Tomorrow I will try and get a few of more elevated yards done.
  10. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Well we lucked out today. Was supposed to have gotten 2 inches of rain but it stayed all around us and we got to work in a dry bubble. Ended up having my first $1000 day of the season. Hopefully the rest of the week we can get some grass cut between the rain.