Spring Rate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Axl, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Do any of you charge more/extra in the spring growth season for double cutting. If so how? Is it stated in your contract?
  2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

yes we do the double cut charge is listed on their monthly invoice and is charge at the normal cutting rate
  3. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

I guess I would reccomend figuring what you would normally charge them for a 1 time mow, add a little extra and call that good. I suggest that because there will be some times in the hot part of summer that the grass will not grow as fast and you will get done faster than it would normally. You need to come up with an average price for slow growth and double cut/bagging cuts. I think that would work fine!
  4. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

I was thinking 1.5 time the normal cut price so if it was $30 a double cut is $45. Or is that too much?
  5. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

To charge all season or just for the double cut months? If it was just for the double cut months, I would say yes that is good. If you plan to charge them a flat fee all season, I think that is too much, I would go 38ish, because some times it will take you alot less time than average.
  6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

My self I don't charge on double cutting. Now I might get some grief, but in the fall while I am doing leaves, if I have 2 people on the property using two lazers then they are being billed for 4 people doing leaf work. So I make up any loses in the spring, I make up in the fall. Never had one complaint.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

yes but only because i come 2 times a week in the spring
  8. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

How do you work that out? Cutting 2 times a week
  9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Is double cutting (1) cutting twice per week OR (2) cutting the lawn twice in one visit?

If its twice per week than yes, that's two lawn cuts.

Usually, if the lawn needs to be 'double cut' I'll make sure to cut twice a week. Otherwise, I'll bag. Occasionally, I'll double cut a section of lawn for no extra charge. This of course is dependent upon the customer. Is he a full service (leaf cleanup, mulch, installs, etc.) customer? If yes, not charge, if no, charge.
  10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Same price all season for me. Double cut if needed. It usually only takes a few minutes extra for the 2nd cut, since I don't get picky about hitting every nook and cranny and the second cut can be done at a much higher speed.