Spring RUSH

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CALandscapes, Mar 6, 2008.

1. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

So I get a call this morning... Two branches of a local bank need to be completely re-landscaped.. Perfect.

The catch? They need detailed proposals by 9 am tomorrow.

I always love when I get to drop everything, go out and measure not one but two BIG jobs, and figure out how to design and slap together proposals all in one day.

Oh yeah - and part of the deal is that we'll be maintaining them, as well (yet more numbers to run...).

I love being busy, but it sure isn't easy..

Any of you ever deal with similar RUSH situations?

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You'll be doing all this work, only to have someone come in a few hundred cheaper.

3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

"Supposedly" this is a done deal. All they need is the price and they'll go with us. You know how that goes, though...

We'll see what happens...

4. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Last year, friday of Labor day weekend. I get a call, hey can you come out and look at my yard, we need some sod. It happens that I will be driving by on my way out of town that afternoon. No irrigation, 3000 ft of sod over existing rough fill, another 1500 of seed and hay, and another 2 hours of debris removal. The customer wants it done by that monday. Well Im on my way out of town and have a weekend already planned, so I sit in the truck and draw up a proposal for correctly installing the sod and triple the price to cancel my weekend and call in my employees. The lady gets mad at the "emergency rate" and kicks me off her property. I lost 1 hour of my time. I drive by monday morning on my way home, and sure enough there was sod and seed. Well needless to say it struggled for the rest of the season due to improper water, but I think it will make it. I just cant believe someone dropped everything to get it done, not to mention that no bank was open so no checks could be cashed or cleared to see if this person was even good for it. Amazing.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

sure hope you get it for the time you spent..