spring sales season

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Efficiency, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Just wondering how everyone is doing so far this spring? We are about 1 week into the sales season here. About 7.3% of our marketing pieces (15k) are out of the bag now and we are up 3.76% in client count. By our averages, we should end up with about 85% client count increase over 2 weeks ago once this spring sales season is over. Bite your lip and give em heck

http://youtu.be/J-YVt4gfquA

2. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

great discussion!

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

We have been 100 mph since first of feb. I don't know what the percentages are but we are closing avg 15-20 a week. Mailers are set to go out end of march, that's when it goes bananas. We also added another tech and zmax first of March. Who says the economy is bad.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Picked of 4 app customers and 1 mowing. Headed to another estmate now plus have 2-3 on hold for later in the week because of our schedules we weren't able to meet.

Starting to wonder how I'm gonna handle it all. Interiwinga guy in the morning!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

10 k mailers go out this week...phone hasnt been ringing that much it has been cold and shitty here....have only sold about 6-10 new accounts since Jan 1...hoping with the mailers and when the weather turns phone starts going nuts!

6. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I ended last year with 280 full program fert/squirt customers and I will be starting the year with 425ish. I am up from about 6.5 million sqft to 11 million sqft. Im also starting off the year with 6 extensive landscape jobs. I cant wait until the sales season is full bore.

7. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member

Phille, that's impressive.

How did you gain so many clients in the off season? What marketing strategy is working best for you?

8. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

Holy Cow! Impressive ! Thats alot of customers, what types of marketing did you use and when did the bulk of them sign up?

9. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I think joining a networking/referral group made the biggest impact. Most signed up within the last month or two. I also joined the chamber of commerce and that helped quite a bit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Phone ringing pretty steady. Mailers should arrive in a few days so who knows what will happen then!!

Seems things are improving. Hope I can keep up with the work, calls, and estimates!