1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spring start-up loans

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by promower, May 30, 2005.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Who gets loans in the spring to get things going again. I'm in WI, by the end of the winter cash is getting tight. I bill 1st of the month, we generally get started by 2nd week in april. The month of May is always a killer for me, small landscape jobs keeps my help paid but trying to get through the first 7-8 weeks of spring is stressfull. Are spring loans normal for this business? I dont think I'm to bad at managing money, but starting my third year this year my expenses went way up, more then I anticipated, and having 20K or so in the bank would have eased my mind a lot.
  2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you need to re-evaluate your business structure to compensate for your working season?
  3. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

I make it a point to leave enough in the business account to cover start up expenses and operating capital for the next year. I would hate to start each year in the hole with a new loan.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We use a revolving credit line when necessary.