1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

spring valley fertilizers

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by mrkosar, Dec 5, 2006.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

anyone work with or heard of this brand? what do you think?

2. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

Never heard of it, Where are they from?

3. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

wisconsin i'm pretty sure. their website looks like they have some interesting organic based ferts. i might have to try out some of their products on the side this next year.

4. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I used spring valley for about 4 years when I worked on the golf course in the area. I have not looked into their products for home lawns and such yet because frankly they sold off their sales to another company and I didnt like my salesman. I just havent gotten around to getting quotes from them for the little stuff we do here.

Don't know if that is any info you need. I dont really have much to compare it to, but when i used it I liked the pricing, and the service was good (at least until they sold the golf sales off to another distributor, (basically added a middle man).

5. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Aren't they the mfr/blender for UAP?

6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Spring Valley (I think) just bought and re-opened a blending plant in Toledo which may benefit you price wise. I have had good luck with their product.

7. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

Never heard of them