Spring Weather!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by indyturf, Mar 22, 2006.

1. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

anyone getting any work done this spring? I tried to get started 3 weeks ago, worked 1 day the first week 1 day the next week. ( we got 5 in. of rain) last week I did get to work 4 days. but now this week we have 6 in. of snow on the ground! I'm already 3 weeks behind!

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I got in about 3 solid weeks of work, 95% of my 1st apps are down and most of my lawns I have cleaned up, mowed off, and ready for the season! Only to have it turn to winter once again... Now I'm sitting on my butt since saturday. Tomorrow (thursday) looks like a warming trend is starting again and I will be able to get after it again.

I'm thankful for the early warm up we had here, I usually never am out before mid march doing anything and this year I was able to start about 2 weeks early, at least! Now I'm really happy that we finally got some rain! We actually NEED 5 inches here! but we ended up with 1.5 to 2" and I'm not gonna complain!

3. indyturf

from Indy

The weather was warm and dry all winter and the last 2-3 weeks of Feb. were great, I don't like to start too early so I waited until the 1st week of march. hopefully we get some good weather the next 3 weeks because I still have over 400 left in round 1.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

*cough cough choke* 400??? ok, i have about 40! of course that 40 makes up for 900,000 sq ft. of turf, but that's still no 400 stops! I wouldn't wan that kind of work load, but the money that rakes in has to be pretty nice!

5. indyturf

from Indy

I hate to start off behind and spend the whole year trying to get caught up. now it looks like I may be getting a huge contract! over 1000 home community. it may be time to add a z-spray!