Spring Weed and Feed 200 gallon tank Recipe

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vvcchamb, Mar 26, 2009.

1. vvcchamb

vvcchamb LawnSite Member

I need a good recipe for spring spraying of my commercial lawns.

I have sub-contracted my spring and fall weed and feed spray application for about 10 years.

Since times are tough I will have to do it myself. I have a 200 gallon lesco spray unit.

Can anyone give me a good recipe that includes nutrients and broadleaf control? I have a basic idea of what is needed, but if you can help me tweak my recipe, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. JPsDuramax

JPsDuramax LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Talk to the guys at lesco/JD. They should be able to help you out. Just make sure you have your certifiactions in line.

3. vvcchamb

vvcchamb LawnSite Member

I tried that, but my local store is new. They don't even have sufficient stock, much less knowledge.

I was just hoping someone here would have some suggestions.

Some local guys even add molasses to their mix, though I don't know the quantity or reason

Can someone please shed some light on this?

thanks.

4. Dr.Simon

Dr.Simon LawnSite Member

vvcchamb, Let us know what grass types are being treated. I know of at least 2 ex Lesco employees who frequent this site.
    Paul

5. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Dr. Simon, I dont know if I would trust them. One of them cant even rebuild a bp sprayer.

6. KACYDS

vvcchamb,

What is your recipe for the tank? Give us your ideas and we can go from there.

Kris

7. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

For now continue to subcontract. Your question indicates you are not up to speed on the application process. A recipe is just one piece of the puzzle. Application rate and factors involved are the other. I use 9 oz per gallon. For me its the right recipe to get 1.3 oz/1000.

8. Dr.Simon

Dr.Simon LawnSite Member

Simple rule of thumb for lawncare appl's: Calibrate to 4 gallons per minute with a lawn gun. Apply at 4 g's per 1000 square feet of turf (evenly) per minute. A basic fert and broadleaf appl- 50# urea(46%), 10# potash(62%), and 20 ounces of Eliminate D. All can be purchased at your Favorite Lesco/Deere. This will be a 1 pound of Nitrogen and 1/4 pound of Potassium with a slightly shy of full rate of b/l w/c.

9. Dr.Simon

Dr.Simon LawnSite Member

Well KC- if they frequent this site, they'll get better advice than that of the local L/J/D. All the good managers have there own business' now. Wouldn't you agree?

10. KACYDS

What about DC? He wasn't a good manager? Although he would talk the customer to death. lol