spring yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Feb 4, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

god am i getting antsy(that means restless), when are u guys gonna start with cleanups? first apps? around here, we use the groundhog method. u see, if the groundhog sticks his head out, sees his shadow, then gets a short haircut by a 48 bobcat, its spring!

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a taste (or tease) of spring the last 2 days. Highs near 60. Today it's 25 with 6 inches of snow predicted for Thurs. Oh well. My fall turned spring cleanups will begin in early March weather permitting, and then the premie apps will follow.

3. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

We are startin pruning in two weeks. Usually our season starts much later, but this year we haven't had much snow, and it is 5-8 degrees above normal. Oh well, I'm not making anything snowplowing so I welcome the early season.

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

upstate NY
    It's 32 degrees & raining, still have over 2 ft of snow in the yard, I will have another full couple of months before anything will be happening here. Still have lots of leaves to take care of (late drop and early snow).
    BobR

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I am ready to start as so as the weather starts to corporate. Cold weather predicted again for later in this week with snow.

Gravely_Man

6. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

We are starting with our accounts at the first of next month.

7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I give you guys up north alot of credit for dealing with your weather. I'm glad I don't have to any more. Good luck and hang in there.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

It was in the high 50's here yesterday. The smell of warm air made me want to get out and do something. But it will be back in the 20's and 30's later on this week.

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I am starting in two weeks with applications, then its time for spring cleanups the first of March or so. Break time is over, and I'm antsy anyway.:D

10. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Because I'm not old enough to plow yet I can't wait til Spring to make some big bucks again. Yesterday and the day b4 were like 40° days but we got snow showers again today and hopefully we will get more snow because the rain that's been falling had made our grass go from a thick white color from the snow to the green of grass. It looks kinda ugly. Oh well, i'll keep prayin for snow then as long as I can start my cleanups by the middle of March.