springs / flex forks?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kyfireman2004, Jul 24, 2007.

1. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Good question. Exmark is always trying new ideas and innovations to improve operator comfort, but we feel that flex forks or springs aren't the way to go. Reason being, these features have a negative impact on quality of cut because the deck is moving up and down w/ the tractor. However, we are developing some new and very innovative operator comfort systems that customers will see on future Exmark ZTRs.

Later,
    Casey

2. eXmark

Although I'm not at liberty to outline our specific timeline, I can say that customers can expect to see a new operator comfort system on certain models in the next few years. Whether or not you will see the system next year is still in question.

How big of a factor does operator comfort play into your purchasing decisions?

Casey

3. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

Operator comfort is becoming more of a factor the older I get. that a quality of cut. I find that I am much more picky than my customers

4. eXmark

If i'm reading you right, you're saying that operator comfort is becoming a much bigger factor and quality of cut is less of a factor?

Casey

5. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

Sorry I did not make that very clear. Comfort, reliabilty & quality of cut in that order. This is asuming that quality of cut is nearly equal among the mainline manufactures. I hope that reads a little clearer.

6. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sorry to say but a "few years" before seeing improvements on rider's comfort seems like BS to me...
    It is a shame that after all these years of manufacturing ZTRs we are still strugling to find one which has it all: good cut, durable and great comfort (how hard is it to provide a good seat which does not cost an arm and a leg).
    Give Ferris a better deck and they would make a killing...

7. eXmark

The skinny is that we want to make sure we get all three of those items (QOC, durability, & comfort) as close to perfect as possible. It takes a "few years" to make sure those things are all addressed, or we could cut that time down if all you want is a suspensioned unit that cuts like crap! Trust me, what we've got coming down the pipeline will be well worth the wait! Patience is a virtue my friend!!

Later,
    Casey