Sprinkler Control Stickers?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, Oct 19, 2007.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Well, on alot of my repairs for new customers I run into the standard sticker that Choate or Cgreen left inside the timer door, and rip them off as fast as I can.

Does anyone else use stickers to remind people of your company? If so, where did you get them and how much? I searched the internet for some over-the-net-companies, but couldn't find anything that size.

2. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the NEBS catalog. Used to get them from them at a pretty reasonable price if I recall.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I used to, but not anymore. Just got tired of buying them and putting them on. Plus if the customers move, then the next people call up asking too many questions about why the system doesn't cover properly and think that we installed it because the sticker is there.

4. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

We try to put them on every clock, I just got new ones made. I get mine at office max. I splurged this time to get smudge and weather proof ones in color. I think 2k for $500 or so.

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

i put them on every controller. very helpful because people move all the time.

6. John John John Don't tear the competitors sticker off. It helps give the service history of the system. I proudly display my silver thick NEBS sticker right next to theirs. Just bought 500 more cost me YIKES 206.00. www.nebs.com product # 1510-1. I've showed up at jobs in which they had to call somebody else on a previous service need because I was too backed up to find a competitor sticker placed over mine. So I'll ask the customer "How was so and so's service call?" Always an interesting discussion. Then a put a new sticker on underneath my old sticker that has been covered by my competitors sticker. I've also had competitors steal the pigtails off the clocks.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Contact info on irrigation schedule only here, no stickers.

8. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking for some static cling type labels this spring for doing this. I figure it'd be the best of both worlds... gives a contact label and doesn't permanently mar the controller.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Same ones I used; adds a touch of class & handy when the house sells.
    If I was doing it again, I'd ad cell & e mail #s.

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member