Sprinkler Donut Video "Sprinkler Head Protection for Rotors and Spray Heads"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I was very shocked with a few orders to Canada. Had no idea they had sprinkler systems. Thought the season there would be too short to bother.

2. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah especially if it was edmonton.:laugh:

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Am I? You have to dig up the sprinkler to install this gadget. Why not just replace the damn sprinkler with the proper materials and installation method if you are going to go that far? Hmmmmmmm ..........

Good for you Jimmy ... make sure you read the caveat ..... oh and the section where he didn't comment on what happens if you drive over it.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I said I have used them, not that I use them now. :hammerhead:

Thanks again for answering my questions and addressing my concerns. :rolleyes:

5. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

You would lose that challenge, this is so simple that most anyone could do it if they ever had replaced a sprinkler head in the past.

Sprinkler Donuts 7.jpg

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I predict lots of lawn mowers will buy this and kiril will have lots more business going in and taking them out...... win win
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I think you mean, carries the cheapest POS sprinkler he can buy at the big box. When I see the lawnboy "replacement" it gets yanked, trashed and the proper sprinkler installed.

8. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

We prefer grass cutter...and from time to time failed irrigation head finder
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

Is this what they mean by Flip Flop like in politics. :) You were so pleased the way cement donuts worked for you even in FL as I recall, Mentioned them twice in fact, very strongly I might add. I don't understand now you say you don't use them at all after you were so pleased with them? I'm confused! :dizzy: Maybe I need to read it again.

Originally Posted by Kiril View Post

A marker flag will do what your product will do. Further I am not all that interested in his reviews as I have some serious reservations about them given some of his other "reviews" that I have read.

You can't mow over a marker flag now can you.

Why not have him re-evaluate the installed product in 5 or 10 years?

Sprinkler heads in troubled areas or not installed properly aren't going to last 5-10 yrs unless they can be seen.

Yes I have used them .... heck even used them in FL. Do they do what they are supposed to do .... yes they do. Do they perform without problems if properly installed ..... yes they do.

Please tell me why a professional like yourself would ever need to use a sprinkler donut, I thought you said a properly installed sprinkler head needs no protection. Bingo!

Also the vast majority of online reviews are from disgruntled pissed off people .... hardly a true measure.

We'll let the homeowners/visitors on this forum decide this one.

As I (and others) have stated numerous times, a properly installed sprinkler needs no additional protection. Same thing goes with a concrete donut ... properly installed they do what they are intended to do without issues. I don't know what you expect coming onto a public forum of professionals, but if you think we are going to swallow your sales pitch without question you got another thing coming.
    I say again, Why would a professional like yourself ever bother with concrete donuts. I'm confused now.

This reminds me of a movie. "You want the truth! You can't handle the Truth!"

I apologize it had to come this far but your the one that wouldn't let it go and just "Agree to Disagree" as I have asked countless times. I'm sure we both have entertained many now.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You do need to read it again ..... and stop putting words in my mouth.

Who said you could? I am merely pointing out that the guy said it does what it was meant to do .... make the sprinkler more visible. A marker flag will do the same thing ..... or even your common FL install method of slapping it on a PVC riser 2 feet above grade.

This makes absolutely NO sense at all.

I don't use them now, that doesn't mean I haven't used them or worked with them in the field ..... BINGO! Got some more words you want to put in my mouth?

Hmmmm, sounds a lot like me. I'm a visitor and a homeowner.

Apparently you can't handle the truth given you have resorted to putting words in my mouth to avoid any real discussion on the merit of your product.

And you STILL haven't addressed my points or concerns, nor have you answered the questions I asked. I will say one thing though, you sure are good at dancing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.