Sprinkler Donut Video "Sprinkler Head Protection for Rotors and Spray Heads"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

No, what was it about, we unsung engineers?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You should find the movie. I really don't want to give anything away.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, we'll be going south to Cactus Hug soon, could be a great winter flic. I'll check Amazon.

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Bump :usflag:

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Bump, so how are sales?

I wish you the best of luck but right now up selling to more efficient systems are tough much less anything else.

6. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

Thanks,

Sales have doubled compared to last year but they have slowed due to the time of year for now. Looking forward to see if they double again next year as they have the last 3 yrs. Molds, patent, etc... are very expensive so I have a ways to go yet but I'm thankful it has been heading in the right direction.

I don't personally look at my product as "up selling". Those that have to replace a few sprinkler heads due to accidental damage caused from mower tires each year, ends up costing them much more than the Sprinkler Buddy. It has saved me money in my lawn service because I personally often paid out of my own pocket to replace the damaged head.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

What about those of us that make money repairing?

8. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

The cement donuts have been around here in FL for many years. They haven't slowed repairs. Many don't care for the look and HOA's think the lawn guys pays for repairs. lol

Plenty of room in this world for us booth to make a living. I won't be putting anyone out of business I promise. :usflag:

For the most part, it has been homeowners that do their own repairs buying my product. I'll be happy if that remains to be the case. Plenty of them out there. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

10. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You might try marketing to Landscape Architects (LA). They have less concern for the $$$ because all they are being paid to do is design a system and spec all the parts.

If a LA specs it everyone bidding the job will price accordingly to install it. Get a few LA firms on board and you will start selling thousands. This is bc if it is spec'd on the plans it MUST be installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.