Sprinkler Donut Video "Sprinkler Head Protection for Rotors and Spray Heads"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Not since the accident :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Do I understand correctly that Sprinkler Buddy is a forum sponsor? Because I sure don't see any ads... or am I not looking in the right place? (Of course, not that I want more ads, but if it helps support lawnsite...)

3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to go on a limb here and say... no I'm gonna stick it to the trunk of the tree and say that kiril is completely opposite to sprinklerbuddy.

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I am a paid sponsor for now, I decided that I would be an active sponsor being I have worked in the green industry as a lawn care professional for many years myself. Being an active sponsor gives my product much more exposure than an image ad would have. Few, in my opinion pay little attention to the image ads.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Guess I don't need a hug then.

6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

K...

Always a ray of sunshine.

:dizzy:

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

No criticism intended here;

In my market we can't leave anything above grade. The LCO's will hack it off or tear it up in a heart beat.

Nice product, probably OK for HO's and Northern lawns; but down here, I'm not so sure.

8. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Most don't mow @ 1 1/2" or lower? It installs well below the cutting height that most of us cut at. The sprinkler head itself remains at grade level. It doesn't work if one cuts their lawn like a putting green or a fair way. When installed it's no different than the sprinkler donuts your familiar with except the Sprinkler Buddy doesn't sink in the ground over time and it prevents grass from taking root between the indicator and sprinkler head itself. Requiring much less maintenance long term.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It isn't the cut height. It's the deck of a mower that hits the heads.

10. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I guess the mower would trim this to height. So the scraps of green plastic are they biodegradable or have organic fertilizer to help the lawn when they get chewed up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.