1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

sprinkler donuts

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Ed G, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Ed G

Ed G LawnSite Member

Can anyone please suggest an on-line source for purchasing sprinkler donuts - cheap?

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Why? No faith in pop-up capabilities? :laugh:

3. Ed G

Ed G LawnSite Member

Oh, I have faith in pop-ups. I also have faith in my snapper to cut anything.

After all this manual labor, I do want to protect my new investment :) .

Had the zones operating with the controller for the first time yesterday.

After four months of the sprinkler system being disconnected, the grass was wondering what all the wet stuff was.

That Rainbird ESP-4MI is a pretty cool controller. I love the zone test function. Lets me stay in the backyard and check head operation without a 1000 trips to the controller location.

4. PurpHaze

Chicken!!!! :)

Any pictures yet? How's the overall coverage look so far?

What?... No dogs to pee in the back yard? :laugh:

Any controller with a zone test function is a joy. Any controller with a remote is ecstasy. :p

5. Ed G

Ed G LawnSite Member

I meant to ask in another thread, but what pix would you like to see? Gimme a "shoping list".

Coverage is amazing. I can't walk anywhere in the yard without getting shot in the eye with a stream of water.

I just finished the job at about 3:00 PM (est) yesterday.

6. PurpHaze

Anything you find of interest.

Then it sounds like we have head-to-head coverage pretty much. THAT'S the name of the game. As more homes are built in the surrounding areas you'll need to keep an eye on things to see if the pressure goes down any more. If their radii are a little too much right now you can always knock them down a little to keep things in balance.

Now you'll be ready to tackle your neighbors' irrigation systems? :)

7. Ed G

Ed G LawnSite Member

no way.

I have been asked by a neighbor to help with the design and install of his system.

I'll do my own work, but in order to keep harmony in the neighborhood, I'm going to recommend the guy hire an irrigation pro.

8. PurpHaze

Not as easy as some think, eh? :laugh:

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

10. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

while I was browsing there I noticed they are selling Hunter adjustment keys for $10 + $5 shipping - I need to get in on that action!