Lawn Care Forum banner

sprinkler donuts

21K views 68 replies 18 participants last post by  Mike Leary 
#1 ·
Can anyone please suggest an on-line source for purchasing sprinkler donuts - cheap?

#28 ·
in case anyone is interested, you can get the concrete donuts in the garden dept of Home Depot for $0.97 ea.

after the heads being down for a short while and settling, I no longer need 'em.

I adjusted each one with the ball of my foot :)

#40 ·
If someone will help me fund me on the lamb. I live close enough to Ed to do dastardly things to him for posting that.

Eewwwwww.

That was worse than yawning when you hit a fresh pile of dog crap with the line trimmer.

#41 ·
Man, you guys aren't very flattering. I thought you would like my Daisy Duke look.

I bet you don't even have any appreciation for my matching tool bag.

I can put PVC cutters, glue and primer in there and whip out my tool in a moments notice.

Darn irrigation pro's have no respect for Joe Homeowner.

#42 ·
That actually brings up a thought I've had before. I used to do concrete work and always wore a nailbag.

I've wondered about modifying my nailbag to be able to hold a pair of cutters, a can of glue and perhaps some swing pipe fittings. Does anyone do this? Right now I just carry around a plastic tool tote.

#45 ·
Dirty Water said:
That actually brings up a thought I've had before. I used to do concrete work and always wore a nailbag.

I've wondered about modifying my nailbag to be able to hold a pair of cutters, a can of glue and perhaps some swing pipe fittings. Does anyone do this? Right now I just carry around a plastic tool tote.
We've tried the tool belt thingy without much success. Not enough room in them. However, an "earth friendly" (canvas) shopping bag works wonders. Roomy. :)

#49 ·
Yep 6 years to late.

I no longer have grass - it's all concrete and I found an on-line source for green donuts made of carpeting.

Anyone want me to re-post that photo again? I still have it.

But, to be serious... I discovered I only needed 4 donuts for the sprinkler heads along the driveway

#50 · (Edited)
no way.

I have been asked by a neighbor to help with the design and install of his system.

I'll do my own work, but in order to keep harmony in the neighborhood, I'm going to recommend the guy hire an irrigation pro.
Good choice, you can get into some things you don't want to.

But I have to wonder why you need donuts if the head is installed at the proper height? Are you cutting your grass that low?

Realized this was an old thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.