sprinkler donuts

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Ed G, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

"The sprinklers I work on don't need donuts...."

You shouldn't need to be working on sprinklers nearly as often as we all do, That's my whole point in a nut shell. I know some of us do make a great living doing so and many of those irrigation guys always will. Donuts aren't for everyone but I'll take a few Sugar Raised donuts if your taking orders. :)

2. Ed G

Ed G LawnSite Member

I realized the one thing I forgot to mention about these pop-up sprayers along my drive way...

the so called irrigation "pro" who installed my system used no flex hose anywhere.

All bodies (rotary and pop-up) are directly attached to the pvc laterals with pvc fittings.

So in order to keep the weight of a vehicle off the heads, the donuts are required.

3. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

I haven't found any donuts that really work against vehicle traffic, Including my Sprinkler Buddy. Those big concrete cones or spikes that some use work because folks can see them and don't want to ruin their vehicle tires. Many places don't allow them to be used though. The concrete donuts sink so quickly, they don't provide long term protection against vehicles unless one is constantly pulling them back up to where they need to be. That's been my experience as a lawn care professional for many years now.

4. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

Using flex hose, etc... doesn't always eliminate accidental breakage from mower traffic, etc... either. It does reduce it I'll agree 100% but the only way to eliminate accidental breakage is to keep the mower tires, etc... off of them to begin with. Keeping sprinkler heads visible is the key in my opinion. My invention "sprinkler Buddy" does that better than any other product found on the market today. It requires the least amount of maintenance long term and it doesn't sink or float away like other similar products.

5. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

LOL, Sprinkler Buddy guy isn't going anywhere. Based on the # of multiple pack reorders I have received after one has tried my product, I'll be around for years to come. :) One day, even some of my doubters will give it a try and see that it really does work. :usflag:

6. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

Just received another "Reorder" from Chula Vista CA.

I am really beginning to love the power of the internet. :usflag:
    Thank You Jesus! :)

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Is Sprinkler Buddy a forum sponsor now?

8. Sprinkler Buddy

from Florida

That he is! :) I'm also a veteran lawn care professional.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Wonder how it works with this: :laugh:

DSCN1936blowout.jpg