sprinkler head cut off

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by wacky zachy, Apr 24, 2008.

1. wacky zachy

wacky zachy LawnSite Member
    from mass

if you are cutting your customers lawn and happen to destroy a sprinker head that was stuck up are you responsible to fix it $$? here is the trick question i also handle this customers sprinkler maintance repairs what do i do now?

2. mrmumbels

mrmumbels LawnSite Member

Buy them a new one. You couldn't see it popping up? It's seems like it would be the right thing to do.

3. Mark Bogart

Mark Bogart LawnSite Member

Just a question but don't you keep an eye out for items like that when mowing?

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I alway replace any heads i cut off, its just good business....unless its a continuous issue with the sprinkler head like the Toro 570 series (their good for not going down) then i will tall the home owner that their an irrigation issue that needs to be adressed.

5. mrmumbels

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have never had a problem but I have it in my customer agreement that I am not responsible for sprinkler heads.

7. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

My service agreement say that im not at fault for damage but i change them anyways but if it get out of hand i can fall back on the agreement they signed

8. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

All of our contracts say we are not responsible for head damage, we keep some PGP's and I-20's on the truck to replace broken or damaged heads when it does occur. We bill for parts only. If we see dead/stressed grass in an area we know it wasn't our damage and bill for labor along with it. Works for us.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What do you guys do when customer won't have heads that are too high lowered. We have pointed out this fact to customer and they refused to have us lower them.......then the obvious happened we broke one. The repair cost us 5 man-hours because a tee cracked and it was in a pack of pipes under a dead tree that had been cut off.....

10. mrmumbels

cut em all off!:cool2: