sprinkler heads -equipment

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by kardar2, May 3, 2014.

1. kardar2

kardar2 LawnSite Member

Not sure if this category but I have a question. When your customers needs a sprinkler head replaced you don't dig it up and go to the store to buy one do you? I have I customers that needs 2 replaced. So now they make 2" and 4" heads. So do you guys just buy a whole bunch a different sizes and. And how do you charge the right price for them. Do just charge like $10 for head to cover it. thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to fight that battle. Now I'm friends with an irrigation guy 25 bucks and its his problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

$50 a head.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. kardar2

kardar2 LawnSite Member

So do stock pile a bunch of different heads?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. GaryBK

GaryBK LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

There are dozens of different heads and makes. The hardest part is adjusting them. We sometimes hit them with out aerator and damage them. We have to find out the exact head and go and purchase one. Replace it and then adjust it. They spray different distances and you can block out the areas that you don't want water to go. If you can outsource the replacement for $25 go for it. It's a win.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Enough advise from the peanut gallery. Determine what types of heads your customers have and keep a selection on hand. If you need a license to perform irrigation work make sure you get one first. I would double the cost for material and charge your normal hourly rate.
    easy-lift guy