Sprinkler Rotors Prices

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Lost Pine, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Lost Pine

Lost Pine LawnSite Member

Who would everyone recommend for great prices for sprinklers such as Toro 700 series or the Nelson 6000 ?

Also, does anyone know of a source for the nozzles for the Toro 700 heads ?? I need some 1.5 gph and 4.5gph.

Thanks,
    Keep Cool !!!!

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not up to speed on the nelson. But I would replace the toro's with the nelson if that is what you wanted to use. If you are refering to the old super 700's that is an out dated head. Don't get me wrong back in the day the super 700 was a good head.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

In New Jersey, you can find Toro and Nelson products at Aquarius Irrigation Supply.

4. Luke in Nebraska

Luke in Nebraska LawnSite Member

Toro S700 are not out of date. You can get parts for them or buy brand new ones. Get bahold of a toro dealer they will have what your looking for. And as for Nelson if you want every head in your yard to stay up in the air after it's done runnig buy a Nelson. There are alot installed around here and almost every one I run across sticks up, rotor or spray head. Nelson is the worst piece of crap ever.

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

As fer as replacing the nozzles, making the needed adjustments. In opinion the 700's are out of date.

6. Wet_Boots

Toro 300 stream rotor heads are also out of date, but when installed with the original stainless steel arc discs, they will probably outlast just about any currently-manufactured residential rotor head you care to name. Toro's S700 isn't anywhere near that in reliability, but they will still pop up and turn, and pop down when done. And the top-mounted nozzle assembly on the S700 allows Toro to offer low-angle and flat-trajectory nozzles, for coverage situations a PGP or 5400 can't handle.

By the way, has anyone here have any experience with Toro's first attempt at an adjustable-trajectory rotor, the V-1550?

7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

The V-1550......OMG. Please tell me they are ALL dead now. A great concept and actually, if you paid attention and understood the heads limitations they weren't THAT bad. I remember some seal problems, but mostly the fact that if you didn't get them to the perfect "sweet spot" in the adjustment, they were a real pain.

8. Wet_Boots

That bad, huh? I won't miss them, then. I think they were working on another version of it, with separate interchangeable nozzles, but I guess there have been problems with it.

9. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

The "nozzle" was a series of nozzles (a double offset row in one assembly) and the adjustment moved the interior nozzle behind the "correct" nozzle. You also had a trajectory adjustment. If you didn't get only the nozzle set you wanted, you ended up w/ two partial nozzles and a very skewed pattern.

10. Luke in Nebraska

Luke in Nebraska LawnSite Member

Every single V 1550 leaked,good idea but terrible seal. As for the 300, I didn't know there was anything else but ss plates. I have read some comments on the 300's and I will tell you some are right and some are wrong. I put hundreds of these heads in a year. Some advice on these heads if anyone cares. First of all they are not a head for homeowners to mess with they are very sensitive. When they are installed you can not get any dirt at all in the lines or they will not turn. Even though they have a fine screen it will not help, you can try to clean them but it won't help. City water is all these heads should be installed on, sand in wells very hard on them. Second when installed make sure that they are put in a little above grass line or the back wash from when they are done running will get in nozzle and ruin them. Third when you screw nozzle in before installing in yard you have to be very careful not to tighten the nozzle to tight or you will bend the plate disk, which will make it not turn. you tighten the nozzle until you fell just a little bit of resistance then stop.When you turn the water on they will make themselves tight. Three different nozzles 01,02 03. The 01 look's terrible I do not recommend them. Installed right these heads will last a long time, and water as evenly as a spray head does.