1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sprinkler Supply Distributors

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wells, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Does anybody know the names of some of the larger sprinkler supply shops around the County, and even better if you happen to know the names of any large sprinkler supply distributors.

I'm in the process of getting a new sprinkler tool developed and out to market and would like to find a distributor to get the product into sprinkler supply shops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Research patent protection first, before you give out details on your invention.
  4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Patenting cost upwards of $10k. I have a excellent idea that I can't do anything with because I can't afford the patent.
  5. West coast distubutors:
    John Deere Landscapes(took over United Green Mark)
    Horizon Irrigation
    Ewing Irrigation
  6. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

patenting is the cheapest part of bringing a product to market.
    The absolute worst way is to use the patent marketing companies. they are all a bunch of scam artists.

Going ot the supply houses, IMO, is a good way to go about it. Put them under NDA, then ask them if they are interested, and ask them for a referral to a manufacturer that fits wiht your product.
    Then, put the manufacturer under NDA, and allow them to license it. Put a performance clause on the license.
    THis is a good site for info, although IMO it is hard to find things.
  7. surfisher211

surfisher211 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey