Sprinkler System Estimate

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by dKoester, Jan 26, 2008.

1. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I was out this morning to get an estimate from a sprinkler company for one of my clients. The total was $3577.50 for the entire job. Here's what it included.

1 Hunter Station Controller
    8 Hunter Electric Valves
    3 Valve Boxes
    12 Hunter Rotor Heads (4 mini and 8 Adv rotors)
    14 Fixed Spray pop up heads
    2.5 Rolls 1" 100psi polypipe
    1 Sta Rite Pump(3/4 HP pump with 2 Gal Tank and Faucet
    1 Well 60'

Is this estimate cheap?
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it seems inexpensive to me. But he's using good Hunter products. Design is the issue - placement and spacing of heads. May be a good deal if he knows what he's doing.
  3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

That would be right in line in my area.
  4. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

That seems a little low to me but with out seeing the property I'm only guessing. We charge $600.00 per zone and then adjust the price up or down (usually up) depending on conditions- any driveway or sidewalk boring
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I would take a long, hard look at those numbers..check references..seems terribly
    cheap to me.
  6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

A little cheap IMO, especiialy with pump work. Guarantee? Does he know what hes doing?
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of well? Is that their work, or will they sub that out?
  8. At $125 a rotor head, $75 a spray and $1000+/- for the pump seems a little low but not far off for this time of the year...well for free?...
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It would still seem low here even with out the pump. But there are guys here in my area that will do it for that price and probably do a good job. This job works out to $447 per zone. I was charging about that 10 years ago with out a pump. but it also seems like not too many heads for 8 zones. And only 2.5 rolls of pipe for 8 zones seems like it will be a small yard. It could completely be right in line for your area.
  10. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Its their work, they don't sub it out. I was there when he layed out the blue flags and he explained where they would cover. He seemed very honest to me, not shady at all and most importantly when he talked to me he looked me in the eye. He was around 50 years old. From what I could tell he was experienced(had the knowledge) of what he does.