sprinkler system mark-out and core aeration

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ant, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

how many of you mark it out for the client or have them do it for you?

ant

2. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I mark it out. If I were to hit a head ( which to this point i never have) I replace it on my dime.

-Reuben

3. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

:dizzy: I have the customer mark them.

4. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

It is the customers responsiblilty to mark all irrigation heads, control valves, etc. It we hit something and it isn't marked we will not be responsible.

5. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Yeah fair enough, that is probably a good idea.

I guess I was always looking at it in the sense that we are providing a service to people who may not necessarily want to or have the time or know how to get out there and mark the stuff off themselves.

But I think I may start doing it your way as well.

-Reuben

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I usually mark them out myself.

7. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

customer marks them or they give me the key to the control box so I can turn the system on and mark them myself, either way I am not responsable for damage to the sprinkler piping, if I pop a head then I will replace with a plain jane 4" popup

8. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

We ask everyone to flag thier own systems. If it is one of our existing lawn maintenance customers, we will do it but we charge an hourly rate. If it is not one of our customers, it is stated on our proposal sheets that they are responsible for marking the heads and electric dog fences.
    Whether those pesky electric dog fences are flagged or not, we always seem to atleast one per season!

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the only reason that I don't ask customers to do it because a lot of my customers are elderly so I don't want them out there bending over right and left. I can just picture one of them throwing their back out of place

10. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

The price of my aerification includes marking the heads then valves, Usually, my employees do not damage a head, probably about 3-5% of the time. As I get about $20.00/K and most yards are 15-20K, I'm not to worried about the occassional head.
    I only hit two valves last year, both were 8" deep and I shattered them with the aerifier.