1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

sprinkler system

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ccas, Apr 29, 2006.

1. ccas

ccas LawnSite Member

how hard is it to install a sprinkler system and could i do it myself?

2. North Ga

North Ga LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

3. North Ga

North Ga LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

4. RLSLandscaping

RLSLandscaping LawnSite Member

well It is not hard to get water to come out of a sprinkler head...but if u want good coverage and a decent system that doesn't waste a ton of water you better find a pro...I am from mass and know some good guys on the boarder of NH..they could help u out with an estimate... you need to find out what the GPM is at your water source (Gallons Per Minute) this will tell you if u can even have a system, u may need to purchase a pump..I'm sure u got a well in NH...the physical work is not bad, setting heads etc... it's the design that you will definately need help on...example...if yer GPM is 20Gal per minute? and u had 5 rotars(heads) in a zone with 5Gal nozzles yer already F'ing up the performance because yer trying to use water u don't have (5x5=25) this exceeds yer available GPM...ya really need a pro...get a smaller company and tell them yer gonna supply the labor, so you can learn and cut down on yer cost...tell them u want rainbird 5000 rotars and toro pop-ups Flotrol valves and a RAINbird digital clock..most user friendly and reliable..if u install with the guy u hire u will never need a service call...where in NH are ya...