Sprinklers Advice please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bavaria-n, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sorry this sounds like work. I mean day in day out work. AND I'm not being paid.

2. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

That must be wired up really weird or programmed really weird. haha Your controller must be beefy!

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You need to space these at 20 feet assuming your irrigated area is really 60 x 40. Don't use standard rotors at that distance, the close in coverage gets jacked when you crank it down that much.

Just use MPR40-06-CV with MP2000 nozzles. The only thing you need to be concerned about with the MP2000 is maintaining your dynamic system pressure above 40 PSI (somewhere between 45 and 50 would be ideal), or you will probably end up short on the coverage. If you are concerned about the edges along the hardscape, use SDI (netafim) tied into the same zone.

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

From the info I can see I would use MP Rotators @ 20' spacing. You may not be able to run 3 zones at one time and maintain correct pressure. Dumping a lot of water at a short time is not the best idea and MP's water slowly. At one point you say money is not a problem and then state you want to save electricity. You are contradicting yourself as the amount of electricity to you will use will not be very significant.

No offense but it seems your basic knowledge of irrigation is limited and you probably should consult a professional and get it right the first time.

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

As long as professionals are willing to give free advice in this forum, why would he go elsewhere ;-)

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda why I stayed out of this one. Walkgood was prolly having a coronary.

7. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of dumbass remark is that?

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

the usual sort of dumbass remark, what else?

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I meant he should hire a pro.

10. bavaria-n

bavaria-n LawnSite Member

I just purchased few different heads for testing, only Hunter I-20 with short distance nozzle make sense, and I need 12 of them,at 20' spacing

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010