1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spyker 288 super vs LESCO (spreaders)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jun 5, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We run both. Pros & cons??? What's your oppinnion?
  2. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Spyker will last you 2.5 times that of Lesco's spreaders, and cost you in the same ratio.

Do you need planned obsolescence and more tax deductions, or not?
  3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I only have Lescos. They are 15 years old and still going. Doubt that I will ever replace them. Which ones do the employees like better? I have looked at Sypkers. I believe they are good and will last. They seem heavy and would be harder to push.
  4. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I have the older version of the Spyker 288. It is a couple years old now. I like it, only problem I have had with it was I lost the bolt, spring, washers and nut that acts as a pivot for the on/off control lever. It would loosen everytime you operated this lever. I replaced it with a bolt, washers and double nut, now it works fine and don't have to tighten it everyday.
  5. americanlawn

from midwest

Okay -- we run 8 LESCO's and 2 Spyker 288's (new). Both do the job. Spykers really throw out the fert further than LESCO's/they never have required replacement parts/impellers don't get the fert build-up compared to LESCO spreaders. I also like the deflector shield compared to LESCO spreaders. On the other hand, the LESCO's are lighter weight...it takes a strong individual to push a Spyker when it's full of fert. Bottom line: Spyker is stronger built & no pins frequently shelling out. My female appicators use the LESCO's. Two of us guys prefer the Spyker 288 cuz you can really rock n roll with them. I think it's a toss up.??
  6. americanlawn

from midwest

I order 5 tons of Merit w/fert today from LESCO. With a 5 ton minimum order, you also get a new LESCO spreader w/deflector shield & cover. The price per bag was also $8.00 cheaper than UAP -- plus the new spreader. We love LESCO. Probably always will. Nice guys, great prices, great products, plus nice promotions. Thank you LESCO.