Spyker 70 or 90 Series

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by twwlawn, Mar 30, 2005.

1. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Already did the search thing, did not find the answer's I am looking for. Been looking at the Spyker spreaders, would like some info from actual LCO's who are using them and of which series is better than the other. Also the maintenance issue's you have or had with them. Found a 96-22 for 225.00, is that a deal or not. Thanks
  2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I recommend buying a lesco instead. I looked at a Spyker a couple weeks ago.
    They are heavy and appeared a lot harder to push compared to a Lesco.
  3. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

We have both. I use the spyker more. It does take more maintence than the lesco.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a Spyker model 88 with the border patrol guard on it. Never used Lesco spreader but have used an Earthway. The Earthway seemed lighter, this made it easier to push, also made it seem more likely to go to heck faster. The spyker is built like a tank (I personally don't get bothered by pushing it unless its a bbbbaaaadddddd hill!!) IMO, does require a good deal of maintenance, but then again what doesn't? Go with the Spyker you won't be sorry.