Spyker ride-on's "spread heavy to the right"

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Sep 6, 2009.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

This is NOT the case regarding Spyker 'push spreaders', rather it's in regard to "Ride-on sprayer/spreaders" that utilize Spyker spreaders. Anybody else experience their ride-ons spreading heavy to the right?

I realize Spyker utilizes the "accuway", but we found probs with it. We solved this "heavy-to-the-right" problem many years ago with Spyker spreaders, but I'd like to hear from others before we give out our secret and the common sense remedy.

rscvp, thanks :usflag:

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

if we ever had a problem it was to the left. but pretty darm even fromt he get go

3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Larry, I was just thinking about making a thread about this but you obviously beat me to it. It'll be interesting to see if anybody has had the same problems we have...

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

same here...

5. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I have a problem to the left but I guess I correct it with the accuway. What were your problem with accuway and how did you fix it?

6. klsgc

klsgc LawnSite Senior Member

most of my pscu spreads heavy to the right, so a little pull back on the accuway will take care of it some of the time. If it is really bad, there is not enough travel in the accuway to fix the problem so I glued a flat piece of plastic to the stainless in the bottom of the hopper to skinny up the right side. Its been there for 2 years and hasn't fallen out even with powerwashing 2 times a week. I covered maybe 1/4" of the opening.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

When I first got my machine I had that problem...but it was easily fixed with pattern adjuster.

I fought it for a couple days before I figured it out though!

Best way to check is go on bare ground or calibrate.

8. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if that was fixed by the accuway how come you took the cable off? Just wondering..

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Once it was adjusted...I never had to use it again.

You can put it back on!

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Listen to the Grand Rapids people. Use a piece of plastic or duct tape to cover a part of the opening. Best to attach it with a screw so you can rotate it to make the adjustments you need. Arrange the shield so that the fert drops closer to the center of the spinner, or farther out from the center. That is the critical adjustment.

And by the way--does the Spyker spin to the right or left? Counter clockwise? Or...