Spyker spreader, but using Lesco products

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mac43rn, Jan 20, 2003.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I am going to be using Lesco products this year. I currently have and love my spyker stainless spreader. Does anyone know if Lesco has settings for the spyker spreaders.

Thanks

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Let me get this straight. You are saying that you are going to use Lesco products this year.....you mean either chemicals or fertilizers and you want to know if your Spyler spreader will spread the product????

I am assuming that when you use the Lesco product it recommends that you put the dial on your Lesco spreader at a certain number? If this is what you are asking, just measure the gate opening on your Lesco spreader and match that measurement on you Spyker. Anotherwards, a setting on your Lesco spreader might be set at 4 and your Spyker might have to be set at 6 to be the same.

Am I anywhere close to what you are asking???????????

MATT

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, you can spread Lesco Fertilizer, or UHS fertilizer, or rock salt, Penn Mulch, top soil, Dry Roots, grass sedd, lime, etc., etc. in the Spyker Spreader. There isn't some special chemical reaction that changes the Lesco fertilizer into a rock if it is placed into a non-Lesco brand spreader. ;) You have to look at the label of the bag of the material you buy to see if it has a recommended setting for your particular spreader. If not, just ask the Lesco guys & they will be able to look it up & tell you. There are way too many to list to fit on a fertilizer bag. Also, you should calibrate your spreader for each material you use, as the rates given are only recommended average rates suggested for use. There are many variables that could make the suggested rate not be the correct one for putting the material down at the rate you want.

4. It's on the bag.

Double check with the lesco gauge, and make sure you calibrate.

5. proscaper

proscaper LawnSite Member

The first two responses are way off. What he is asking is if Lesco has the Spyker settings on the bag. I think they do, if not just calibrate like LG said.

6. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

"The first two responses are way off. What he is asking is if Lesco has the Spyker settings on the bag."

Thanks for reading my mind. That is exactly what I was asking.

thanks again

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

The answer is yes. But I would check the acuracy of the setting once you are in the feild.

Mark

8. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

BRL said: "You have to look at the label of the bag of the material you buy to see if it has a recommended setting for your particular spreader. If not, just ask the Lesco guys & they will be able to look it up & tell you."

I wouldn't say my response was way off. I knew what was the real question & I answered it while having some fun ;)

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

What product are you using now?

10. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh by the way never trust lesco settings on a non lesco bag of fertilizer. They are way off.

Mark